Who are the West Branch Lions?
We are your friends, neighbors, and local residents who believe that we can better the local community and the world through our service. We are members of the worlds largest service club organization with over 1.35 million members in more than 206 countries and geographic areas worldwide. While best known as an organization for helping to fight blindness there is so much more that we do for our communities!
What types of projects do the West Branch Lions do?
- Local screening and eyesight checks for your children
- Cornea transplant drivers to deliver much needed corneas where needed
- Local blood drives are held 4 times a year
- Flags over West Branch
- Tractor pull for Hometown Days
- Fireplaces for Christmas Past
- Veterans Day dinner honoring our local service members
- Lion’s Field and the shelter nearby
- Ditch cleanup twice a year on Hoover Highway
- Sponsor to many school and scouting events with tier service projects
- Fundraising through our concession work at Carver to help supplement local high school teams, and to earn funds which we distribute locally for worthy causes.
- Recently provided funding for the purchase of a defibrillator for the Police
- Initiated the Hoover Hunger project which provided 84,000 meals half of which stayed in local food pantries, the remaining were shipped to those in need in East Africa.
- And much much more!
Who can be a member?
YOU! We are always looking for new friends and members for our group, full members just need to be age 18+ men or women are welcome!
What are the benefits to being a member?
Being a member of the West Branch Lions Club is so much more than just attending a meeting and helping serve your community, though that would be enough, you also get the benefits of networking with a large number of community members, enjoying the common theme of service with a group of people from all types of backgrounds and experiences and it is FUN! Together we can all make a difference and build a better community for today and the future.
Can I come to a meeting if not a member?
YES! we encourage anyone who may be interested in becoming a Lion to come to a meeting to see how we operate and what a typical meeting is like. We will even provide you with a free meal, just contact us to let us know you will be coming!